Tuesday, November 19, 2002

So man this was the most uneventful nite of SNAP ever!! The whole brotherhood of TKE was holed up in the main house doing bids voting stuff. No funny Scott story or lovely Teddy to entertain us. Plus it was an extra slow nite! But hey I got to watch Boy Meets World and that made it all better. Did you ever notice how much Cory looks like Adam Epstein? He really does! It's all about the curly hair. Anyways it was the episode about how Shawn had to pick between some ugly rich chick or Cory his best friend. In the end, he of course chose Cory. WOO!

New SNAP mandate to take effect 11-23-02: No pledges of any house can take SNAP if there are more than three of them at a time. At that point, it's not a matter of safety! It's really just extra laziness. Some people last year *cough Johnny and B-rad and many Fiji pledges cough* were such big offenders! Once B-rad and Johnny asked for a ride down to the Banana from Morgan. Dude, there were three of them (including B-rad's gf) and it wasn't too dark and it was DOWNHILL! They wanted a ride to the Banana so they could use B-rad's car! RIDICULOUS! :-) But I guess if Johnny hadn't used SNAP so much, I would have never really gotten to know him. So I guess I can't complain as much. But still. NO RIDES FOR PLEDGES IN GROUPS OF 3 OR MORE.

I have to say, that right now, life feels pretty stable and good. Friendships are mended (but I'm still of course working on all of them because you always need to work on friendships) and I feel happy. And Thanksgiving is creeping up and I am geniunely excited to spend Thanksgiving with William and the Long Island crew. :-)

I got a 76 on my theory of interest midterm! Yay! I passed! WOO! And in math stats, he is giving out a take home midterm (the best midterms out there). So school isn't horrible. I would be quite happy with Bs in those classes (althought with the effort I put it, I deserve an A but hey I take what I can get... who would have thought math would get so damn hard?! :-P ). But I definitely want in A in drama because I know I am VERY CAPABLE of an A in that class. So if I don't get in A in that class, I will not be a happy camper!

Today at CC, it was so frustrating. I just feel like things are not the same as they were last year. Maybe I had a blindfold over my eyes. Some times I just want to scream "No more! I can't take it!" and just leave. But I'm Vonda and I don't do that. Still, I can't bare to go through meetings where in the end, I ask myself why I participate in things that make me unhappy. Things need to shape up and I can talk about it all I want with whoever and such, but in the end, me talking won't make it all go away. And people don't get that. They want to talk to me and make me discuss what's bothering me (when they already really know what's bothering me because it's not just me that feels this way). All we do is talk. We never actually act on anything. In the end, we just waste breath. Sorry to be negative. Moving on...

Anyways, after reading Katie's blog, I realized how much I miss last year also. It's only about 3 or 4 people I really miss from my floor (and of course cheese and cracker talks ;-) ). But things change. And we are all still adjusting to it. Or maybe we decided we don't want to adjust. Who knows. I just want to spend time with those who really count in my life. Period.

Wow, I went from "I'm happy" to bitching about the sucky things in life. Really though, I am happy. Just a few dark clouds that refuse to clear up. I guess it has to storm before we can see the rainbow. Anyways, I love the people who make me smile, and make me feel special, and make my life better just by being there. Just keep doing what you're doing, because it's you guys that keep me going everyday. Oodles of love.

Nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home