Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Well I just realized that I am going to be back at WPI in about a week and a half. Sick. I am just kinda starting to enjoy myself here at home. Work at Tinseltown is just dandy. The really cute kid visited me twice in my box today! WOO! But it was really busy and we couldn’t talk. :-( That’s the way life goes. I have exactly one week and some to talk to him some more. Sometimes you just need a fleeting crush to add a little fun to life. :-)

I’m starting to notice that when you work at the movies, you tend to almost live there. There is this nice cute kid name Jason and his friend that work in concession. And they work a lot of hours. I mean every time I work, at least one of them is working too if not both of them and I work about 40 hour work weeks. But I’m starting to think that when I see them and think they are “working” they really aren’t, and they are just visiting. That is what Tinseltown does to ya. It’s addicting. It’s like a little family you get sucked into. I mean I only get to work there seasonally and I already want to go there just to hang out with the fun people. It’s odd how you can like your job that much. But it’s really the people you like I guess. Only thing missing from work is Curtis. Sniff. He was my main partner in crime. Oh the memories.

So the other nite, me and Beck worked horrendously long shift together and went out for dessert afterwards to catch up since we hadn’t seen each other in a while. It felt so good to talk to her. Sriously, we just think on a similar wavelength and yet are completely different people. I dunno. I love her to death. She is one of the most important people in my life. Anyways, I just talked to her about stuff that was bothering me like things with Ben, my brother, and other personal stuff and even though we really don’t solve anything by all our chit chat, it seems like I have more of a drive to just grit my teeth and deal after I’ve talked to her about it. Deep down, I know that she will be a life long friend and that makes me feel a less scared of what the future will bring.

While we were dishing out stuff, we ran into an old favorite of ours, Matthew Fisher. Oh man, that kid is the kewlest kid ever. When he turned 16, me and becky went out and got him orange bundt cake, a “Congrats, it’s a girl!” card where we crossed out all the writing and changed it to a birthday card, and a sesame street balloon. We liked him THAT much to be THAT thoughtful. And he still has that stuff to this day. He was blushing so much when we randomly stopped by to give it to him. We went to grade school with him for years upon years (he was a grade below us though) but we never ever talked to him until he started working at the bingo hall with us when we were freshmen and sophomores in high school He’s such a great guy. It’s odd how you can make such interesting friendships because of work.

This entry really is all about work it seems. Because now I think about Phil and Doug and how I need to give those crazy kids a call. Another pair I became friends with because of work. They gave me a crazy Christmas gift, a t-shirt with their photos plastered on it with their thumbs up and “Vonda’s #1!” in bold letters above their picture. I laughed so hard the day I got that gift.

Gawd. Sometimes I think back about all the people I’ve been friends with and it just blows me mind. It seems at some point, I was a part of every crowd and friends with the most random people. I guess I like that though. Ha. Me and beck would always play a game at the mall, who knows more people. I would usually win. And I don’t even know how I know all these frigging people. I just do my thing and whoever happens to be a part of the thing is a part of it. Life is a blur and I do my best not to go blind.

OK. I’m tired. That is all for now. Rambling is done for the nite.

PS. I didn't get to see LOTR because it was sold out. Dammit I suck. William is right. I will be a tech nerd failure if I don't see LOTR before I get back to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home