Saturday, May 10, 2003

Dude I'm in the Big Easy and life does not get any better than this. It's super hot and super muggy but thank gawd for central air. I am keeping a crazy detailed written journal of my time here so I can remember it in case it's another 3 years until I get to visit again. I hope it's not that long til my next visit. I don't like being a part from my family for that long. Everyone has grown up so much. It's scary.

Hardest moment: Seeing my grandfather for the first time in 3 years and realizing that his Alzheimers is really bad. I had to hold in my tears as he tried to remember who my mom was, his very own daughter. He didn't even remember me. I just held his hands and stared into his forgetful eyes. It hurts so much to see him like this.

OK that is all. Most said comment of the trip from my relatives on seeing me "Oh my God, you are soooo short! Did you shrink? I think I'm taller than you are!" I think it's there nice version of the usual "Oh man Vonda, you got fat!" Haha, Asians are so cruel and honest. Gotta love it! Haha.

:-) I really love being here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home