Saturday, May 22, 2004

obstacles

So I got an email from Anne Marie in Fin Aid. It pretty told me that she already filled the position and that the interview on June 2nd was unnecessary. This means that I am out of luck for a job in Worcester at the moment. Which also means I might not be able to live there for the summer. Agh! I had my whole summer planned around this! Grr. But I did email Russ AKA Officer Fontaine, and he said to check with Judy for any dispatcher jobs and with Plant Services possibly. He said he could hook me up if there is anything open. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Also going to try to get an application into Showcase and some other stuff.

I guess I REALLY do want to be in Worcester for the summer. But dammit, today was the first day back at Tinseltown and I remember why I love working there. :-( I am so torn. I love being home in Erie once things get going again, but at the same time, I really wanted to try a different summer. Everyone in Erie wants me to stay, well Adam told me I should go because he thinks that is what I really want. And I do think I want it. I had plans for the apartment, time with all my wonderful friends, and yeah... just living a more carefree summer. I am not sure. Bleh! I just want a job for the summer, period. Help!

Today was a really good day. The biatch called me up and we hit up lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and did some shopping at the mall. I got this REALLY pretty dress at Lerner New York, except there is a slightly dammaged part and I am going to see if I can exchange it. Then work was wonderful because I got to be in the same box as ADAM SUPROCK! Yay! We were wicked spastic all day long. There was lot of sassiness back and forth. Adam is quite fiesty now! He even called me a bitch, and if you people knew Sir Suprock, you would call me a liar. But he did! It's a long story as to why, but he didn't REALLY mean it, haha. Anyways, it was really good to share a box with him and I wish I got more days with him in the same box. He is the only person I really like in box office these days. I mean Amy and Emily are cool, but Adam... he is just Adam! If anyone knows Adam, they know he has an obsession with anything Japanese, including Japanese girls (and Asian girls in general). He actually told me today that when he first saw me like 3 years ago, he thought I was cute... well because ya know, I am Asian. BUT then he got to be my friend and no longer saw me as cute. WHAT! Hahahahaha. I was jokingly insulted, but dude... he needs to learn to phrase that better. I do not like him that way whatsoever, but I found that story funny and I guess Becky and Tony were right... I had an advantage over them in the Adam department because of my Asian-ness. Tee hee. We get to work together again tomorrow. Woo pee!

I gave good ol' Ian a ride home from work. Ooooh I hate him for being a non-box person. But at least he is happy in Rugis and when he is ushering sometimes. If I WERE, emphasize WERE, to stay in Erie for the summer, I would definitely cross train all over the place so I could get as many hours as I could. I don't want the Boys and Girls Club really, so yeah... that is what I would do. But that is kinda worst case scenario for now. Anyways, Ian is Ian and such a favorite. It was sad, the first time I saw the schedule, I actually looked to see if we were working any days together and then I remembered, "Oh wait... he isn't in box anymore." Blasted! Hehe, I just suckered him into seeing 13 Going On 30. Sweet. I definitely thought I was gonna see that by myself tomorrow. I love the privilege of free movies. :-)

At work they have a list of the 16 year olds up in box office so you know NOT to let them into rated R movies. How embarassing! Everyone knows how young you are! Haha. The youngest kid at Tinseltown has the nickname of "weiner" and I giggle each time I see the poor kid.

::yawn:: Tired. I hope I do not have dreams of vampires tonight! What a bad omen that was to the craptastic email I get from Fin Aid. Please, let's dream of better things. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home