Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I am far too lazy to write an original entry so I will just excerpt this from the email I wrote to Rob:

So last night was a bit wild, or at least odd. We went grocery shopping and found decently cheap Bacardi stuff, kinda like Smirnoff, but Barcardi and rum stuff. So we buy a 24 pack thinking it will last us quite a while. We start making dinner when we get home and decide to each try a bottle of it while we are cooking. I must explain that there is this thing called 'hygge' in Denmark which somewhat translates into coziness. It's pretty much the mood of a gathering and is furthered by some drinking and candlelight. During pre-PQP, we spent a whole 2 hour lecture on what 'hygge' was. And we were bound and determined to have it last night. We lit tons of candles and started leisurely drinking and cooking and then eating. Except... we are all lightweights. I seriously felt ill after only drinking 3/4 of my bottle, which is less than an equivalent of a beer. It's because I hadn't eaten since 12:30 and it was 7:30pm when I tried the drink... I knew I was not going to be able to drink much since my limbs felt so sore. Sometimes when I drink and I know it's going to hit me easy, my limbs start to feel achey and sore. It's almost throbbing. It's so weird. Katie says she gets it too but told me to drink past it, but I definitely couldn't. I hadn't felt the ache since sophomore year! I felt like Andy Kim! I was getting the "Asian glow" or the "sunburn by night" and I wasn't drunk by any standard but definitely achey and my face was piping hot and yeah... it took me a while to finish just one bottle of the stuff. Katie and Molly started chugging some an oh gosh, they were definitely wasted. They visited everyone else in our Denmark group and then all of a sudden everyone was in our apartment and it was getting wicked loud! We have already been warned about our volume from our advisor... and um last night wasn't a good display. He ends up calling down to our apartment and saying "This is your final warning, quiet down!" Luckily that gets everyone out of our apartment because we don't want to get in trouble. It's funny that all we wanted was 'hygge' but got drunkeness, or for me, achey limbs, instead. Katie ends up the most wasted and while we are chilling in her room, she stumbles in and over to the bed. She goes to try and smack Joe's ass (his monstrous badunkadunk), and ends up falling off her bed and ON TO HER WATERMELON, smashing it open. Oh man, I thought I was going to pee myself. There she is wasted and lying in watermelon. And everyone started to eat the watermelon too... yeah, it was a wild night. By the end of the night, out of 24 drinks, there were only 8 left. And I only did 2... or 3? Anyways, Katie was crazy and I think Molly reached a new high on drinks. Who needs to go out on the town when you can get down with the hygge in your own apartment!

This stuff is original:

This weekend is Stockholm. We booked a hostel and our seat on the train already. I am so excited. The nice thing about Scandanavia is that everyone is blonde it feels like. Had this been a high school experience, I would love it since I used to be such a sucker for blonde hair and blue eyes. But funny, in college, it's been strictly all brown haired guys... wow, yeah... no blondies... WEIRD.

Becky sent me some awesome pictures of Adam Suprock. Oh man, I love that friggin' kid. He is too much I think. I hope he is happy now that he is going to Mercyhurst. I am so proud of him for transferring and doing what he really loves. He kept fooling himself into thinking that his love of Japanese was only a hobby, but we all knew he was a lifer. Yay for Adam!

All the people in our Denmark group who had planned to go to Amsterdam for Easter got screwed and now, nobody is going. Had they went, tickets would have been 300, then hostel was 70 a night for a total of 280, and this was all before food, drink, booze, and pot (for some of them). That would have been sooo expensive. So now no one is going. But me and Molly are going to go for a weekend. Hehe, the two non-pot smokers go to Amsterdam. Hilarious.

Good quotes from the past week -
Joe on explaining why Pete blacks out easily: Pete and Steve have 3/4 a brain and share the rest. So when Steve thinks too hard, Pete blacks out.
Katie, drunk: I just hit my head on the light switch!
Me, when the TV messed up and restarted the movie when it was 10 minutes from the end of the movie: Fast forward, fuckers! (And then they did fast forward! It was weeeeird.)
Everyone when addressing Joe and/or his ass: Badunkadunk!
Everyone to each other when we are loud and obnoxious: Stupid Americans!

Ok must get the background information done. Hej hej from København!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home