Sunday, December 26, 2004

snow

Damn, it snowed down here, in New Orleans. And not just a little flurry, but enought to make weak snowmen. My family was in a frenzy while my brother and I just layed on the couch thinking, "What's all the fuss about?" We take the snow for granted. :-P

I leave Monday to get back to Erie. I have two shifts or so up at Tinseltown. I think that will be all though. I don't want to work too much more. I am going to Syracuse to see John John hopefully and want to come back to WPI early to kick back and just relax, instead of stressing over work. Somewhere in there, I am trying to work Tom Muller into the picture. We shall see.

I updated my resume finally and my goal for break is to get them all out to a whole bunch of different places. I need a job! I applied for a second semester internship at Allmerica. Let's see where that goes.

I am really going to miss New Orleans when I leave. It's so much fun hanging out with the family. Granted, I have been to church and prayed every day I've been here, but it's not too bad. OK the Catholic stuff sucks, but I deal. Apparently, my family thinks it's a sin to have voted Kerry. Call me a sinner. :-P The past few days have been full of sitting out and shooting the shit, gossiping, playing Texas Hold 'Em (which I've won three times and racked up $125... I am pretty lucky and everyone respects me now in poker... I thank ESPNs World Series of Poker for its great teaching methods during my three months of wheelchair-ness), and just plain family fun. Tomorrow we are bowling and have the usual Sunday dinner. Sometimes, I consider moving south after school and getting a job down here. It's way cheaper and my whole family is here. My mom will probably move down here some day soon too. Who knows? I know I'd never be alone and feel very apart of something and loved. It's tough. I love New England too and all the friends I have there. Damn these life decisions.

Better get to sleep. Church at 9:30 or 11:15 (depends on if Phong wakes his ass up). Good night world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home