Wednesday, December 08, 2004

busy times three

I noticed that I am starting to become less and less diligent about blogging. You know what that means... life has picked the heck up!

Friday was bid night for the boys and thus became a girl's night out. A few of us got together :-) and then a bunch of seniors went to the B which turned into going to the Sole. The people at the Sole did not like us, but oh well! Hehe. Girl's night continued through to Saturday where I vetoed Heaven and Hell (I am too old for it). Katie and I went shopping and then went to dinner with Molly at Applebees. It could have been a Danish Dames night out, but Carla's phone has been out of commission and plus, she's been busy with life and migraines. I miss her. Oh well. Anyways, Katie then came over and we were being silly and watching Love Actually for the BAGILLIONTH time. :-)

Tonight was a crap ton of fun. I went to the SAE social which was so-so as usual because... yeah, because. And Joe Vaughn sucked and only hung out with us for a total of 15 minutes, if that! Grr! We suckered him for a Sunday brunch though, maybe sans girlfriend. We shall see. BUT, afterwards, we all went to CROW. That was soo much fun. I forget how much I like Crow and hanging out there. We played a little poker, a poorly run game of Asshole, Up the River Down the River, and Kings. And then... the best and most favorite AGD game: FLIP CUP! The side I was on was kicking ass. It eventually turned to Survivor flip cup which was pretty funny. I had my share of punch, but nothing too crazy. It was a great time, I need to be more social and go out. Cripple, smipple!

The icy weather has almost taken my life a few times. It took me about 5 minutes to get down 4 steps and 5 feet because it was so icy. If it weren't for Officer Brian who held my arm and held me up each time I slipped, I'd be a dead cripple. What's worse is that each time I slipped, I put all my weight on my weak leg which left me wicked sore. Oh well. I am starting to contemplate a screw at the bottom of my cane and better tractioned shoes. Any suggestions are welcome!

I am excited for the end of the term because I really miss my friends at home. Becky (and Tony) are awesome and are driving out to Worcester to get me on the Thursday. Then they are spending the night and we are going into Boston that Friday and probably driving home Saturday to Erie. I'll get to see my brother and mom and dad and Hanni and Ian and Ben (maybe) and all the wonderful people. I thought I wouldn't miss home as much, but I do. I guess absense makes the heart grow fonder.

I still need to shop for the formal. Really I need a new strapless bra and maybe shoes, not sure yet. Luckily I already have my dress picked out and I am thankful I bought it over the summer (pre-accident). Last AGD formal ever... weird to say that.

I got my ATC phone bill for Denmark. I originally thought it was going to be over $100 but low and behold it was only $53!! I did a very awesome happy dance in my mind (since I can't really do it in real life yet, hehe).

I am definitely ready for my SocComm term as VP to be over, but I have a feeling it might not be. It all depends on who gets elected. If a certain person gets elected, I will have to most likely serve another term. But I guess I only served two out of the four, so I should give the three. Still, I feel like I have mentally checked out a bit. After elections pan out, I will either check myself out completely or re-hype my VP-ness up depending on the outcome. It shall be interesting!

And two of my roommates have taken on more roles in the WPI community. Interesting. Congratulations to them. I love my roomies. We had a roommate group hug the other night in my room (me, William, Drew, Laura, and Bertini). We are such a sensitive group. I think the least sensitive person is William and that's kinda funny. :-) I am very glad our roommate situation turned out the way it did.

I should get to bed. I have a DAKA date with Patrick after the 11am conference. It might not be Topher but Patrick still rocks. :-P (I am going to miss my DAKA dates with Topher in C term if we aren't paired together!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home