Monday, August 08, 2005

growth

It's been ages and a half since my last post. And the first thing that comes to mind is that nothing much has happened. And then I think about it for a second and think, "Jesus, everything has changed!"

The move to Allston is definitely one of the best parts of my life right now. I grow closer and closer with my cousins, Lee and Lisa and life is different. I was afraid that after college, with the whole not having a job yet and still being in Worcester, I'd be living the same life I led in college except I wouldn't be in college anymore. And that bothered me a lot because I felt it was time for a change, time for some growth. Being in Worcester for another year and leading the same life wouldn't do that for me. Although I miss William and Laura like hell (and they remind me of how they dislike my moving to Allston because I left them so abruptly... but they are happy for me), and the comforts of my large room and apartment and amazing bathroom, the coziness I find here with my cousins and the switch in lifestyle is invigorating and makes me extremely happy. I may bitch that I am tired, but I am wholly happy. I find myself busier than ever and not busy all at the same time. There is a certain pace to adult life that keeps me interested enough without making me stressed out.

The job is going well. I have made a decision not to blog about it in any way though. Too much potential trouble. Not that I have anything negative to say really, unlike my previous work experience where negativity was just oozing from people. Work is good though and I am learning a lot. I hope to continue growing in the organization.

Every weekend since I moved to Allston, I've been whisked away on the weekends to do something or another. The first was spent bouncing to Worcester and Foxwoods, the second with Laura in her time of need, and the third on Long Island celebrating "The Longshot" AKA William L. Herbert's graduation. It was fun meeting the rest of his family and hanging out with all his friends from home, all of whom I like and get along with. The weekend at Laura's was nice too, although not under the happiest circumstances, but it was great seeing her home and just relaxing and chilling with Laura.

I think one of the best days I've had in Boston was when I met William for dinner and a movie. Boston was absolutely gorgeous and soaked in golden rays as the sun slowly dissapated. Sky High was hilarious, dinner was great, and it was nice to see a great friend and enjoy a carefree moment. That is what I like about moving away. I don't get to see people I consider very important in my life as often anymore, which then makes our get togethers so much more fun and valuable. Absense makes the heart grow fonder.

August and September are fun filled. We're going to the Cape this weekend and I've got a party or brunch or two to go to. And in September, I get to visit NYC for some training and see a US Open Men's Quarterfinal match. Yesssssss. AND I get to celebrate my godfather's wedding with my family. Really... why was I afraid of adult life? It's fabulous. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home