Monday, June 27, 2005

vroom

I still haven’t vacuumed. :-)

So now is the time to finally explore all that music I’ve been looking into and give it time to sink in. The latest craze for me is: Coldplay’s X and Y, Maria Mena’s Another Phase, Jack Johnson’s In Between Dreams, Radiohead’s Kid A, The Flaming Lips’s Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Phoenix’s United, Michelle Branch’s Hotel Paperdone, the I Heart Huckabees Soundtrack, and really listening to Jason Mraz’s Waiting for My Rocket to Come. Thankfully at work, I can plunk this stuff into the CD player, pop on ear plugs, and groove as I sift through my presentations. Because really, I don’t listen to music much at home. At home, the TiVo rules, as well as the Netflix DVD.

This weekend was a blast. I went to Matt Knott’s graduation party with Joe and got to hang out with Schmidty and his girlfriend Amanda, Adam Bryant, and of course Matt Knott and his new girlfriend Lisa. Lisa is a moderate, which is much better suited for Matt’s conservativeness. :-) It was positively suffocatingly hot that day and we spent a good part of his party indoors where the air conditioner reigned. Adam Bryant was a riot as usual, with his weird Adam Bryant-isms. Honestly, if we didn’t have him around, conversation would not nearly be as fun.

Joe and I cruised home around 5pm, and William and I had dinner at our favorite – Thai Cha Da! Afterwards, we made it a double whammy movie night, with Bewitched and Batman Begins. Bewitched, which Joe joined us for, was as bad as I thought it was going to be, with a few good Will Ferrell moments in there. And Batman Begins was as badass as it was before. Tucker was our bartender this time and it was very fun to chat it up with him, although he labeled our bill “Clarkies” and I don’t know if that was on purpose to poke fun at us or because he REALLY thought we were Clarkies. Obviously, William discussing his love of Star Trek should have been a dead giveaway for WPI.

Sunday was the first of (hopefully) many brunches. We went to IHOP where it was ccccrazy busy. But it was nice to see everyone again, although Carla’s car broke down on her as she was making her way to Worcester. :-( I miss her. Anyways, chit chat was fun as usual and catching up. The next Sunday Brunch will be held at Matt Knott’s new apartment where we will actually cook brunch. I look forward to that in July.

One of my new summer friends called me, asking me to go to the beach on Saturday. Unfortunately, I had already committed to going to Matt Knott’s graduation party, so I had to turn down Stu’s invite. But it is a goal to hang out with Stu sometime soon. I need to branch out and keep making new friends and keeping them.

I am such an old fogey. Last night, I came home from brunch and a trip to Best Buy to only do laundry and then proceed to fall asleep while watching The Godfather III. And you think “That isn’t old fogey-ish of you, Vonda.” Oh wait… I left out the time I fell asleep. 8pm! Repeat: 8pm! Yes, people, I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 5am, confused because I felt so rested from all that extra sleep. No worries, I forced myself to sleep in until 6:15am and then showered and got to work early.

So the best news of this past week: I am on the verge of a job offer. It’s not official yet, but seems absolutely promising. As long as their HR department follows through on the paperwork, I should get an offer very soon. And I will take it! It’s in the heart of Boston, by City Hall and such. Now with this possible offer, this brings up tons of questions and thoughts. Do I move to Boston with Lee and Lisa and hold two rents for the year? Do I stay in Worcester to commute? Do I go home to Erie for a week and officially change residency to MA? Should I buy a new car and give back this one to my parents and get my own insurance? So many options and so many decisions to be made. I was talking to Becky about this all, and it really hit us… I’m an adult.

I’m an adult.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Vonda! This is Clint Smith, remember from Ly Huynh's house, haha. Long time no chat. I was actually surfing the net and ironically came across your blogger thing. I am in Okinawa, Japan right now with a Marine unit. My job is a Navy hospital coprsman and I serve as a field medic for the grunts. I will be in Erie in Aug-Sep for my son's birthday so I am very excited. Well just dropping a hello. Nice to see that you are doing well.

email: sokaigi@gmail.com
P.S. Caitlyn says hi

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home