Wednesday, June 22, 2005

the little things

Weekday life is getting pretty typical. I notice that, as an adult, I have so much time to get all the little things done, like grocery shopping, writing thank you cards, doing laundry, organizing my room, etc. So, in a sense, I have all the time in the world to do all the little things, but there are a lot of little things to be done, therefore taking up all my time. Ironic, huh?

Speaking of ironic, I saw Alanis Morissete and Jason Mraz in concert last Friday at the Wang Theatre. She is amazing live, sounds like the real deal. No lip-synching, just acoustic and completely wonderful. The stage set was ridiculously detailed. It looked just like a living room, complete with couches, love seats, old TVs, two plasma screens, a rug, lamps, floor lamps, just... a really fashionable living room set. It was very surprising. It was hysterical to watch the crowd sing along to Alanis's most popular songs. My favorite moment was when the woman in front of us high-fived herself when Alanis sang "I got one hand in my pocket, the other one is giving a high five." Too funny. As for Jason Mraz, he was very entertaining and I can see why people fall in love with him. He is funny and quirky and definitely talented. My brother loves him, surprisingly enough.

The weekend was spent with Tom and John. We went to the concert, saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Batman Begins (which were two very superb movies), and just hung out and ate at good restaurants. I think I am drinking at Blackstone Valley too much considering that one of the bartenders, Dan, knows my name. :-) I only drink when I see a movie... ;-)

I am currently doing me best to get through the Godfathers. They are very good (well the first and half of the second that I have seen). But they are soooo long and I hate holding onto them for so long. I need to get moving on my Netflix queue. I think I subconsciously watched the Godfathers on Father's Day because the Godfathers remind me of my dad. It was the movie series that he really loved and said he actually read the books for too, which is a huge deal. Plus, supposedly, when he was growing up in Vietnam, he was his own little godfather/badass and lots of people fear him. I don't know if that is a good thing, but it's interesting to think about it. As for the movie, the family love, the treachery, the lies and deceit and the things we do out of loyalty... it's very depressing and yet incredibly beautiful. I can see why these movies are held to such a high standard. I am glad I finally forced myself to see them. Everyone thank Netflix!

I interviewed with another consulting firm. I think I did really well and I really liked it there. It's in the Mellon Financial building in Boston and is a great location. I really hope I get it! :-)

William gets back this weekend, which will be nice. We plan on making another movie extravaganza. I love Blackstone. Also, I think I'll get to see Carla, Molly, Schmitdy, and Matty for some Sunday brunch. Oh and Joe, too. But I am sick of Joe, just kidding! But he is a regular in life, since I see him 1-2 times a week for relaxation and chit chat. Anyways, I look forward to a bit of a mix up in my life.

Remember the little things? The one little thing I can't seem to get myself to do is vaccuum. Strange, as usual. That's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home