Tuesday, January 07, 2003

RA training is soooo long sometimes. I still wish I were in Erie. But oh well. Gotta make do with what ya got.

There were a few funny moments in RA training. Ahem "Star people are easy!" "Leadership is a scalar. It has magnitude, but no direction." My are we geeky. Haha. I love WPI and the people that come with it. :-)

Brian Huster came and visited me on his way back to Erie. He had a wedding in Maine and then headed to Boston for a few days and then stopped in to see me. I love talking to that kid. I wish I had gotten to know him better while I was in high school. We knew so many of the same people and saw each other here and there but never truly talked until we were both in college (he is two years ahead of me). He is a quirky guy and always strikes up thoughtful conversation. Over break, me and him went to go see Lord of the Rings (his third time, my first) and it was a GREAT movie. Loved it. I feel so much emotion when you see the love between Aragon and Liv Tyler's character, the elf chick. Anyways afterwards, we went to Taco Bell and had this long conversation about God, religion, heaven, hell, etc. It really made me think. He actually made me want to go read a part of the Bible not because of obligation, but because I wanted to try to understand his viewpoint on the meaning of life (that sounds really cheesy but I guess you just had to be there to get what I mean). He's just one of those guys who likes to make ya think. And plus his laugh makes you laugh automatically. I mean his laugh is hysterical. The moment a Huster laugh errupts, everyone goes off. He's a kewl kid. He is graduating (scary how old we all are) and he is a math major (EVEN KEWLER because math people rock) with a literature minor. Interesting balance. Anyways it was great to get some Erie flavor because I was already feeling slightly homesick. Yay for Brian.

So yeah, I got a speeding ticket on my ride home. Grr. I totally deserved it. I don't feel like explaining it. It will just remind me of my stupidity.

OK. I am tired and need to sleep for RA training tomorrow. I need to get my bullentin board done too. I need more creative ideas though.

Good nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home