Saturday, February 01, 2003

Boston was oodles of fun. Hanging out with Hanni was such a nice breather from the WPI life. Friday nite, we ended up going to Bennigan's for dinner. Oh my gosh, it was such good food. The dessert was really what was awesome though. I got the White Chocolate Chill-Out. To die for man, to die for. And then we went to go see Just Married because I had already seen Chicago and she had already seen The Hours and we both wanted to see something new and plus we were just in the mood for the dumb romantic comedy. It was cute. But oh man, I was ready to slap the girl next to me and slap the girl sitting next to Hanni. The one next to me had some personal organizer or something gagdet and she got a message in the middle of it and she whips it out and opens it and the screen is literally the size of a regular sized pamphlet! It was so friggin bright! And she goes "Oh my partner wants me to look over the project" and proceeds to glance at it in the middle of the movie. And then the woman next to Hanni had her cell phone go off TWICE and she took BOTH calls and she was one of those awful people who didn't have her key tones off so every button went "beep" and I was so ready to dump my drink over both of these HORRIBLE people. I think there should be a rule that you have to turn off your phone when you go to have your ticket torn. I am so tired of them going off and people taking the calls. Worcester Showcase is smart because in their theatres, you can't get reception. Ingenius. Anyways those people needed to be shot. Otherwise, the movie was cute and Ashton Kutcher is ridiculously gorgeous. There is just something about him...

I saw Gabi Stitler for the first time in almost 2 years. We had went to high school together and she was, how do you say, the "it" girl. Every guy at some point had a crush on her and she was just so fabulous. On top of her looks, she was smart, ambitious, and had an engaging personality. Yeah she was Gabi. And she is still the same Gabi from high school. She went to college for a year at Ursinus in Collegeville, PA (one of my other top choices besides WPI). She felt restless, so she dropped out of Ursinus because it just wasn't doing it for her. She went home to TX (her family moved there right after she graduated), she spent a few weeks home, and then went on a Congressional internship in DC for two months. And now she is working for AmeriCorps in Boston. She is a part time student at Harvard and she is going to apply to an all girls school in NYC and go there full time next year. Yeah, can we say crazy ambitious? Hanni said she felt like such a slacker after hearing all this, but I think hey, if I'm happy, then who cares if I haven't done as much as Gabi has? I will put in my contribution to the world at a later date. Anyways, it was just weird to see her and hang out because we were kinda friends in high school, we did Student Council and all that jazz for a few years and did a few leadership conferences together, but we weren't BEST friends or anything. Just odd to see her. As more and more time passes, it gets weirder and weirder to hang out with people from high school. It just feels like I've moved on and am ready to close that chapter. Nice memories. That's it.

It was so odd to wake up Saturday and have Hanni tell me about the Columbia tragedy. It disturbingly felt like it was 9/11 because we were glued to the TV for a bit, just watching the news and nothing else. I just watched and tried not to think how awful it was. I hate how the workings of God are so unexplainable at times. Just in times like these where the workings envoke so much sadness and unneeded death. *sigh* God has a plan, I guess. *moment of silence*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home