Saturday, May 29, 2004

breaking the bar barrier

I finally did it. I went to an American bar and used the privilege of being 21. And the first bar I go to... is a gay bar, hahahaha. "The Zone" was the one who took the cherry. Hanni and Amanda were there with their gay friend Dave. The two guys who carded us... flaming. The bar in general... flaming. The crossdresser we saw... flaming. We stayed about 15 minutes. Me and Ashley discussed who was butch between the two of us when we walked in. We decided it was her, because I was dressed in a girly pink shirt, so I definitely couldn't be the butch one! :-P And then there was some breast grabbing. Hanni grabbed mine in spite and then I felt Amanda's since Hanni told me to because really it was mainly bra and less boob because there was a decent amount of padding. ;-)

Anyways, Jill came and picked us up. We went to Calamari's which was JAM PACKED with good looking people. It was almost like Kobenhavn. Almost. Until I started seeing people I knew. Here comes a list of people most of you won't know, but I want to remember on this night. Joe Jaigai, who I do think is cool. Then Jared Delio... not so much. Oh, and yeah... Walter Martin did a very flamboyant wave. It is so strange to run into people like that. Very. We then went to Molly Brannigans, where we had a drink. I went Sex and the City with a cosmopolitan. We chatted it up and then were hungry and headed to Perkins. We ran into Dave and Julia! YAY! They are people from high school I love running into. We chatted and laughed and it was grande. All and all a great night. Best part: getting carded and HA! actually being 21. :-D

Charlie told me that he wondered how I could be so content and never worry much about significant others, or securing a boyfriend. Then we went over our "relationships" and I won because both of mine were under 48 hours. I don't count these really because there were all before the age of 15 and meaningless. But the one where I was dumped by his sister before church started, Tim was his name, well yeah... freaky enough I saw him for the first time in 4 years or so. It was weird. I looked at him and didn't even realize it was him until his dad recognized me and struck up conversation. It was weird. I keep saying that because it is. Anyways, Tim looked good and graduated with a degree in english and political science. Again... weird. It's been 7 years since our 24 hour run, and yeah. Weird. I think about him for the first time in years and wham! He actually appears in my life for a split second. Weird.

Saw Raising Helen. Cried a little. I think when I see movies alone, I am much more vulnerable. But this is what happens when you work the morning shift and all your friends work the evening shift. Woo dee doo.

One last ttown thing, Zach (Mr. McQuaid) left me messages everywhere to let me know that yes, he reads the explanations on the back of refunded tickets. I had written on the back of a ticket a night or two ago something along of the lines of "Hey, do you guys actually read this or am I just writing this for no reason? Could you let me know? Thanks!" And so he did. He left me a note in box office and even in my sign on screen when I punch it. It was great. Haha, I laughed for a good while. He is the coolest manager. And he is leaving. :-( And this segways into the bad news part of this blog...

OK, so here is the really shitty news for the day. My grandmother on my mom's side is dying or in bad shape. Something is wrong with her and I don't know what the translation is of the Vietnamese expression my mom is using for my grandmother's ailments. The doctors want to operate on her, but they are afraid she will die during surgery. Our family is weighing the decision of what to do. :-/ It's tough for my mom. My biological grandmother died a few weeks after giving birth to my mom. And then my grandfather remarried and this grandmother is the only mother my mom has ever known. My grandmother helped raise me as a baby too because we lived with them for a while in New Orleans. It just sucks. I really love her and yeah... what more can I say? :-(

And more poopy news... but trivial stuff. We no longer have 50 cent night at the dollar theatre. They jacked it to 75 cents. Let's have a moment of silence for the wonderfulness of 50 cent Tuesdays. ::tear::

Let's end on a good note, ladies and gents. Becky will be back in my life in less than 24 hours. ::crapping pants as we speak::

Waking up in 5 hours. Morning shift. Dammit! :-P

I will end this post with a quote from Van Wilder that cracked me and Carla up all the time, no matter the occasion.
Taj: I would like very much to spend my remaining days here as your assistant.
Van Wilder: Okay, we're just going do a little word association. Say the first thing that comes to your mind. Milk.
Taj: Tit! Oh, mommy. Most Indians would say "cow" because they are sacred, but I hear "milk," I think giant jugs. You see, I cannot go home a virgin. I came here to study the great American art of muff diving. To smack clam, munch rug, dine at just one American pink taco stand! You know, I wanted to, how is it, park the porpoise. You know? I want to take it through the car wash, baby. And get it waxed. I want to wax it. Wax it! You know, and air dry. Air dry that shit, yeah! And I would like to be your assistant very much, Mr. Van Wilder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Carla said...

Taj: [Jumps up] WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?
Hutch: In your room a few days ago. I'm trying to spark this bong, but the damn thing won't light.
Taj: That's no bong... It's for my shlong.
[Hutch starts coughing and gagging]
Hutch: Hold up, I just put my mouth on your cock-pump?
[Taj nods his head]
Hutch: Oh damn!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Van Wilder: Richard, you rascal, you never told me you were a DIK!
[under his breath]
Van Wilder: Not that you had to.


Good Times.
Carla

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home