Saturday, June 05, 2004

slipping away

I don't know why, but life doesn't seem as bloggable lately. I'll do my best. As Tom Muller would know, I can ramble like my life depended on it. :-P

Went to another bar tonight with Becky, Ace, Tony, Jeff, Jill, and some of the Kohl's Shoe Crew. It was a decent time. A bit awkward here and there. Tonight's bar was the Cornerstone, a Mercyhurst haven during school season. It was decent. Reminded me a bit of what there was in Kobenhavn. Except it was dead as a doornail and boring. Oh well, another night!

We then went to Eat'n'Park because I was hungry. We had a great new waiter and I think me and Becky want to make him our new "Chris." Chris was this awesome waiter there that we always asked for and tipped outrageously. He was a lot of fun and cool to talk to. He ended up moving to Pittsburgh, though, and we have never really had that awesome of service since him. Maybe nick without an uppercase n will be a good replacement. We shall see. :-)

Work was work as usual. A lot of the Harry Potter's sold out wicked early. Expected. I took my break with Ian and it was nice to catch up since we haven't seen or talked in days. I just get home too late to get to talk to him really. I think I am going to ask if he wants to go putt putting or something Monday or Tuesday. I make it a point to do an Ian thing once a week, if not more. :-P

The more and more I watch of Sex and the City, the more and more I love it. It's so great. Carla, I saw the soulmate episode and it was so sweet and tender. I cried. It's in the fourth season and when I get back to Worcester, me and you are gonna watch them all. :-) You can see it from the beginning. Miss ya, c-squared.

My uncle called my dad to tell him that he just found out he had either prostate or colon cancer. :-( I am not sure which one it is because once again, I cannot translate the Vietnamese expression. But it's scary. My two great uncles, my grandfather, and my other uncle died of it. And now my other uncle has it and warned my dad to check for it. :-/ It's scary. I told Patton he should really check for that throughout his life. If my dad has it, that makes it far too big of a disease in the family and Patton runs the risk of having it as well. ::sigh::

Jackie's grandfather is dying and it made me think of my grandmother again. I haven't had a chance to ask my mother about it, and I don't think she has heard anything yet, but the other day, my grandmother went into surgery. When I found out, I said a very urgent prayer and just hoped she would be all right. I think she is, since I haven't got any scary phone calls. I thank God.

I really want more Sondre Lerche. I only have two songs, Two Way Monologue and Sleep on Needles and I really like them. I've also managed to get the new Nelly Furtado, Norah Jones, Phoenix (European band I like... Everything is Everything is the song for any Danish kids if they remember), some of N.E.R.D. And desperately trying to get Sondre Lerche. Maybe I will just crack and get the CD through Amazon. Out of the stuff I have downloaded, I think I am in love with Phoenix the most. Their stuff is really good. It gets stuck in my head constantly. And I plan on get "If I Thought You'd Ever Change." Yeah... good times. :-)

My sleeping schedule is really fucked up. I mean really. I am up until 5am some nights. It will stop once I start at the Boys and Girls Club. But man oh man, are the first few days gonna be painful. ::wince::

What would my life be like right now if I were living in Worcester? I would have been there almost a week now. Would it be better than what I am doing at home in Erie? I wonder. But it doesn't matter. I am happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home