Tuesday, June 01, 2004

mother of pearl

Once again, May 31st is one of the busiest days of the year for movies. Last year it was the record breaking day with over 9200 in attendance. This year, around 7000 but still impressive and still kept me busy during my entire 7 hour shift. Happy Memorial Day to you, too.

I just worked and went to Jay's 13th birthday party. I can't believe she is 13. Weird. And I am 21. I wish her party had been better for her, because in my opinion, the focus wasn't on her at all and it should have been. I must get her a belated gift.

Then... ashamedly... me and Becky went to Soul Plane. And wow, the most sterotypical black girls ever sat in front of us. They made the movie. Everytime a good song with a hip hop beat came on, they started dancing in their seats. Obnoxiously dancing. If the scene wasn't making me laugh, these chicks were. It was awfuly funny. And the movie was pretty bad, but so funny at the same time. I think it was just the situation with the girls and the absurdness of it all. One scene though... the pooping scene. Dear gawd, I almost peed myself. You know me, obsessed with pooping. :-P

We stayed afterwards to hang out a little bit with Steve and Tony. Steve is a funny guy. Man oh man... he is around this summer, too. I am jealous that he is able to just pick things up and go wherever he wants. It's adventurous and I admire him for that. Blaine and Adam were there too and just plain bonkers. Man... I get sucked into tinseltown life so easily.

My eyes hurt. Maybe I do have allergies I am unaware of. Darn the flurries. Sleep, looking forward to lunch with Ace and Becky. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home