Friday, August 27, 2004

let go

Right now, I can say that I don't particularly "like" anyone or anything. You know what that means... messed up dreams about people you REALLY don't like. Anyways, seeing Napoleon Dynamite makes me feel better. If he can get a girl kinda, then I'm bound to find the right somebody someday. Although, I think right now, my wheelchair really cramps my style. ;-)

My arm has been giving me some major issues lately. I think I just want to sever it from my body and be done with it. If this pain is "the nerves are healing" then they need to heal themselves faster and stop giving me spasms. The pelvis isn't even that bothersome anymore. Just the numbness and pain in the right arm. Gr! But I can do things like get in and out of the car without help, and get in and out of bed without help as well. I know it sounds small, but they are big deals to me because I am finally starting to not need nearly as much help. Which makes me feel like life is bit more normal.

Last week 4 fresh from highschool kids got into a wicked bad car accident. One girl died on impact and the other three are in such bad shape. The guy shattered both his legs and one girl is expected to not make it and the other guy is in really bad shape too. They were driving on I-79 and it was raining and the car hydroplaned... and hit a tree. The horrible thing is that the tree they hit was the only tree for about 5 miles. ::sigh:: What was fate thinking? Those poor kids. I'm thankful that I was driving my honking Audi... any other smaller car........... and well. I am grateful to be alive, busted hip and all.

Just a few more months of this. I am stronger than all of this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vonda,
I love your optimism. It takes some character to display such buoyancy in the depressing situation that you're in. Although I do not know you very well, from what I do know of you, you're so kind and so thoughtful of others. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll make it out of this as one hell of a strong girl. By the way, "Let Go" is the name of a great song from the Garden State soundtrack...let me know if you don't have it, and want it. I'd be happy to "hook you up." haha...I'm a dork, so I'm just gonna stop now. Hopefully I can see you some time soon!
Katelyn

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home