Friday, June 18, 2004

tears of pain

Well last night, I slept from 6:30pm-8:15am. People, that is 12+ hours there of sleeping. I talked to Ace real quick around 6pm to maybe do something but I just couldn't muster up real energy and then ZONKED out. I was really tired!

The other day, Charlie hit me in the face with a water bottle (he meant to lightly hit me in my back and the bottle was only 1/8 full... it was just luck that the bottle hit me like that) and it hurt so bad that I started crying. He felt so BAD. So bad, I've gotten two text messages of apologies, a hug (which is rare from Charlie), a get better card, and a half dozen box of chocolate covered strawberries. He is REALLY sorry. I didn't want to cry, but it hurt so bad, that the tears came before I knew it. Luckily it didn't bruise, but is still wicked sore. I hope Charlie stops feeling so bad, because he is starting to make me feel bad about it, too. I'm not used to his niceness.

The first week at the Boys and Girls Club has been the best I've ever had. Nick, my partner, is the best. He works really well with the kids and handles the SUPER bad ones really great. My kids actually LISTEN to me and it's so wonderful. I sit them down and tell them the rules and ask them to repeat it back to me. Miraculously, they do and actually follow through! I haven't had too many problems and all I can pray for is that the rest of the weeks are just like this week. Please God, please?

Went to go to see Chronicles of Riddick. COMPLETE RUBBISH. It was so bad, it was funny, and I don't think they meant it to be funny. Best line ever from Vin Diesel, "It's been a long time since I smelled beautiful." Me and Becky almost pissed ourselves. I think Ian was laughing too. No one else found it funny... I think they were pissed at us for laughing... but COME ON! You cannot take Vin Diesel seriously. At all.

It's cute how when you are little, an act such as holding a boys hat can mean so much. One of my girls gets to hold one of my boys hat and automatically that means they kind of like each other. If it were only so easy when you are older. Signals can be so mixed and actions can say so many different things. You could waste so much time on just waiting and analyzing. Say what you mean and say it as soon as you know you want it. If it's reciprocated, then wonderful. If it's not, then closure is better than unwanted pining.

Emails are back up with Rob. It's nice. Another month and a half of it until we actually hang out and see each other. By August, it would be four and a half months of emails and non-face-to-face correspondence. That is a long time. A long time of thinking and analyzing and wondering and worrying and just letting the imagination run wild....

Brenda is turning 21 tomorrow and I plan on attending the bar hopping just to see her survive the State St run. I won't be drinking, I'll let Brenda do it all for me. :-P

I'll end this post with the best quote I've gotten from the B&G kids so far. This was said by Deshawn: "I've got a magic stick." And he meant THE "magic stick." He's 10. Makes ya wonder just how much kids are exposed to sex, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home