Thursday, June 10, 2004

birds chirping

Birds chirping. That usually signals to me that it's time to head home. I have not made it home before 4am all week long. This is what happens when your sleeping schedule gets all out of wack and you have a best friend as great as Becky. :-)

Today was a slow and unproductive day. I took Patton to get a haircut and during the ride, I take off my FAVORITE watch and handed it to Patton so as to prevent an even worse farmer's tan from happening. Well as he is getting out of the car, he drops it on the asphalt and the glass shatters completely. :-( I hope it is fixable. I would be so upset if it wasn't. I got it from Aldo's and it's such a good color and leather and just FABULOUS.

It was Jeff's birthday today so Becky spent most of the day with him. But we did get together for a late night run to Walmart, with my mom in tow. We buy some interesting cheap clothes and just good off. Since the fitting room is closed during the night, me and Becky just started putting on the clothes on top of the clothes we were already wearing. It was humorous. And my mother... my mother is a hoot. Let me recall the one time, Ben and I took her grocery shopping and there was a sale on sugar... she bought EIGHT bags. EIGHT. She does this every time. Not the sugar, but the overbuying. Today it was gallons of water. We bought 20 gallons, people... TWENTY! It was comical and yet very odd. All in all, we made some wonderful purchases at Walmart and went on our merry way.

I finally introduced Becky to my new addiction. Say hello to Sex and the City. We watched six episodes tonight and they were just satisfying as ever. She liked them a lot. I am glad... it would be sad to find out she didn't, but I would still love her anyways. We then chatted for a while and just had Becky and Vonda time, which is sparse these days. We have plenty of Vonda and Becky and everyone else time, but not a lot of just her and me. It's nice.

And I got to talk to the ho today! She sounds pretty good. Knee surgery is set for Monday and otherwise, it's boring as hell, but she sounded really good. And her boy is not going to CA and yeah, that is wonderful to hear. :-) And my other Danish Dame, Carla, turned 21 yesterday. :-D I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with her and tell some drunk obnoxious guy "No guys, she's the birthday girl!" ;-) Hahaha. And Katie... I am sending some cheer vibes your way. Oh how I miss my Dames.

Tuesday was fabulous as well. It was "hang out all day with Ian" day. If I am not given a strict deadline, I never get my ass in gear. Ian called around 3:30, but I didn't make it to his house until 5:30. What was even funnier was that, the putt putt place we chose was way far out of the way. So after taking interesting loppy directions to get there (directions that Ian prided himself oh so much on), I realize I didn't have cash. And so I ask Ian to pay... and we get to the window. The guy asks for ten bucks. And then... Ian realizes he doesn't have his wallet. What tools we were. Hahaha. We had to drive ALL the way back into the city to get cash. What should have taken only a half hour or so to do, took us an hour and half, making us miss our 7pm movie, Man on Fire. Anyways, he kicked my ass left and right. He had the right angles. But I made the best long putts. They were hot shots, even he would admit to that. We got some Panera, where he constantly ogled the clones that Hitler hired, and then decided to kill time until the 10pm showing with a trip to the used CD store (where I bought the Christmas Boyz II Men CD, an old old old Toni Braxton CD, and the Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack, and finally... BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY dvd!) and with a trip to see Shrek 2. My fourth time seeing it. Still funny as ever. Man on Fire was pretty good too, although I dislike violence. Denzel was great and Dakota Fanning is very talented. The ending was tender and I admit I shed a tear. And after I had to pee at Ian's, and I finally got to see his room. And his perverse lepuercahn (spelling is atrocious here). Now I know how Ian spends all his time online. :-P All and all, a very good fun day with Mr. Page. I think I will request his company Friday since I have it off for once. Or maybe Hanni's. We shall see!

Cross my fingers that Cold Mountain stays at the dollar, since Charlie wanted to see it and asked me to come. Let's see if our schedules match up at all next week. I love making play dates with my friends! :-D

This weekend is Tinseltown packed. I work 10am-11pm on Saturday (my first double) and then 2-10 on Sunday. Talk about hours overload in two days. And then the B&G starts up Monday. I actually have training for it at 1pm today (or tomorrow, whatever). Am I ready for a summer of bad bad kids? Yeah... I think so. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home