Saturday, September 11, 2004

slow motion

Life is starting to move a bit too slowly. Just as the 21st gets close, my life just feels like a cheap finish line replay where it takes me 50 bagillion seconds to cross the yellow tape. Anyways...

I had a dream the other night where I found a quilt and one of the big patches was part of my baby blanket. I am pretty sure my parents threw it out since they don't believe in that sentimental nonsense (they are Asian, it's expected). But it was startling to see it and in the dream, I grabbed it and wouldn't let go (think Linus from Charlie Brown). So what in my life am I not letting go of?

I do know something Asian parents get sentimental over... good grades. :-P My dad used to carry in his wallet my freshman year report card because I was ranked 1 out 206 in my class. That's about all they get proud over. But they didn't show they were proud to me, just boasted to other people. Being a good student doesn't get much reward in my house - it's expected already, so why reward? Unless you are a bad student like my brother... then they will bribe you with anything to do something.

I have a brand new appreciation for CSI. There was a marathon on SpikeTV and it was all I watched this week. It's a super good show. I still don't know if I would watch it in its regular time slot since it does run again Will & Grace and well... I just can't give that up. Let's all have a moment of thanks for William's TiVo. :-P

Three years since 9/11. Wow.

To answer Jon Abad's question about my reacher, I found a photo online of it. Very similar.

So not quite a claw, but very handy for the handicapped. Also great for those who are lazy. :-P

I miss school a great deal. It's so nice to talk to most people on a daily basis, but then you feel like you are missing out on something when they talk about their day to day lives. Like this weekend, I miss the last A term AGD retreat as well as a SocComm retreat. Not fair. Meh. I just need to swallow that feeling and stay up to date on people's lives. Just because I'm not there doesn't mean I don't care. :-) Oh WPI, how I miss thee.

2 Comments:

Blogger jpabad said...

Intense reaching action!

Even if its not a claw. It's pretty close.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, biatch. I missed my favorite stumbly and decided to read your blog, but it just made me miss you more. Sigh...so I'm going to plan an extra-special Boston weekend for us when you get back...with all kinds of over 21 and democratic themed fun. Woo!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home