Tuesday, August 16, 2005

oh my!

Well... life sure has been interesting as of late. I keep a list of things in my planner that I want to blog about and how weird they are. In a few words... Ghosts, family, and the T! Oh my!

Ghosts. Yes, people, I said ghosts. I am not saying that there are DEFINITELY ghosts in my room. But there have been two occasions where I have woken up to find white, smokey apparitions floating right by my bed. Ghosts? Hallucinations? Dreams? Bad eyesight? I have no idea. Also one day, as I was waking up, I heard someone/something sigh... and it wasn't me. And my door was shut. It was just me. And my friendly watching ghost. :-P All I know is that I hardly sleep these days without 1. a light on or 2. the TV aglow. Yes, I am very superstitious. It comes from the Vietnamees background. I can't help it. Nonetheless... ghosts. One day, soon hopefully, I will sleep without the light on. :-)

My friend John ended up getting a job in Boston, at the Prudential Center, and moved here. The more people here, the merrier! :-) It will be nice to have another friend from home with me out here.

I take the T every day, back and forth. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the business. There is this one guy who I see a lot. By a lot, I mean about 4 or 5 times in the last week or so. I know you think that it isn't that strange, but really, it is. The T runs every 5 minutes in the morning and during afternoon rush hour and I always grab whichever one comes when I am there. It's just weird to see him so much when the chances are somewhat small. But I guess it helps that he works right by my building. I've been on the T three times with him and I think I have seen him in the street two times where we both were not headed to the T. I swear, if I see him a lot more, I will make friends just because I feel like the universe is saying something.

I am excellent on the T. I can read standing up. I got through Amy Tan's memoirs in about a week and a half. A book from the Narnia series takes me about two days. And I just bought a crap ton of hard cover books from Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago. It's nice to find reading again.

My family has been an epicenter of issues lately. But it's back to some calmness. I spoke with my sister the other day and I felt a lot better. Family is so hard. I thought friendships were hard, but family is worse. A lot of work when functionality isn't a strong point in the family. But you have to keep truckin...

We went to the Cape this weekend and it was quite lovely. The beach was very warm and sunny and the waves were delightful. Lee was very scared of the water, but we forced her to be riskier. I'd love to go back to the Cape sometime soon. If only it didn't take 2 hours to get there... and $15 to park. :-P

So I end with the fabulous awkwardness of elevator rides. I have yet to ever be in an elevator where everyone isn't uncomfortably avoiding each other's stare. What is it about elevators? They are kinda funny. In a little box, hanging by a cord or two, ignoring the life forms around you. Muhaha. Elevators. So funny.

And with that... I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home