Sunday, September 18, 2005

everything is everything

Our Laura is officially 21. I am so proud of her. We went to the Bollywood Grill where I got some spicy almond and onion chicken. Laura was home in bed by 1am. :-P And my favorite quote from Laura, the morning after, "I feel like a million bucks! I am so glad I puked!" I love that girl.

So, theory: I force my friendship on people. And by force, I mean I make a very strong initial presence with new people. And by people, I mean guys that I like. Let me go through the cycle:
1. I meet someone.
2. I think that someone is cute and intriguing.
3. I am determined to be friends with them (because I am psycho and think friendship before relationship is very important).
4. They have no choice in being friends or not... like I said, FORCE.
5. If they think I am cool, they are glad I make the effort.
6. If they think I am kind of annoying, they are usually quiet guys, so the likelihood of them saying something is low.
7. They eventually realize how awesome I am... AS A FRIEND.
8. I am sccccccrewed.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, this vicious cycle repeats over and over again. And that period before I realize that I am officially labeled as friend is the period that makes it all worth it. Because for a split second or two, I think, just maybe, this could go somewhere. If only that split second or two came weeks or months sooner, so reality can come sooner, and I can stop hitting myself with a hammer. I need a new "Go, get him!" routine. Or maybe I need to start liking new guys. With that I digress...

I had my first bad experience at Blackstone Valley. These friggin' unwatched kids were walking in and out of our movie, Lord of War (which is rated R). And they wouldn't stop talking and I wanted to push they all down or at least get them kicked out. I felt especially bad for Patrick's little brother, Oliver, since he had to sit by them. I didn't really care for the movie. I wasn't in the right mood for Nicolas Cage and it just wasn't really that good. But Just Like Heaven was pretty good and ridiculously cheezy. The whole movie was worth it when Mark Ruffalo says, "Because I love her," and the audience actually GASPED as if that were a surprise. I couldn't stop laughing. I love the movies.

I changed my sleeping arrangements. Feng shui, baby. Maybe the ghost will stop waking me up a half hour into my sleep and maybe I'll stop waking up so tired and maybe I'll finally feel like I am really relaxing when I sleep.

I went Saturday afternoon with my favorite blonde, Carla. We had lunch at the Olive Garden and then shopped for several hours before hitting up the nail salon for manicures and a new lease on eye brows. The experience was somewhat scary, but worth it in the end.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Franny!

It's been a really good weekend. Even with the new theory, which I take for fact really, and the constant rain and the not that great movies, it's been a really good weekend. Let me just say it one more time, because I don't think I get to say it often... it's been a really good weekend. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home