Wednesday, October 19, 2005

in addition

Some parental advice coming from the person I consider closest to being an adult:
I saw your list of what to do incase you win the lottery. You made a few mistakes:
1. Get a lawyer who specializes in lottery winnings and interstate income tax issues.
2. Change your phone number.
3. Log off instant messagener.
Only after you complete those things do you get to do everything else in your list.

Thanks, Patrick, for being ever so responsible and aware. :-P Unfortunately, I am still as poor as I was before the lottery. I wonder if anyone won...

At 7pm, I get to meet my favorite contemporary author: Amy Tan! She is going to be at the Boston Public Library today and I am very excited to have her sign a book. I've read almost every book she's written and just absolutely adore her. I guess there is something I relate to in her Chinese-American mother-daughter stories. Go figure. ;-)

I've started letter writing and I forgot how tough it can be. But that's OK, I like a challenge. Congratulations, Adam, you are pen pal #2. And you nay sayers who find this lame and think it's silly to waste 37 cents on correspondence when email is free... All I can say is that you don't know the value of real communication.

Time inches slowly towards the weekend. Lisa and I are going to King Richard's Fair (anyone is free to come if they want to) and then vegging out in Worcester to do our loads and loads of laundry.

Last thoughts before bed: My AIM activity has increased over the past week or two. I think it's due to WPI fall break. People are bored and IM me. I don't know if I'm flattered or offended by it. :-P AND I just read my best friend's little sister's profile. She is 14 and I've known her since she was 5, and yes she is growing up, but I had no idea it had gotten to the point of ghetto nasty! Why do I say this? Because her profile had this line in it only: "Back seat windows up, that's the way we like to F***!" Damn, we went from Barbies and dress up to sex and gangsta love in a flash.

How quickly we grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home