Friday, December 09, 2005

i know

Best concert... ever. Fiona was just amazing. Her voice was just so rich and deep and etheral at times. She did 10 songs from Extraordinary Machine, 7 from When the Pawn..., and 3 from Tidal for a total of 20 songs, out of a possible 32 original. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? To sing that many songs? It was a little over 100 minute concert and the time just flew. Each person hung on Fiona's every word. You had to... she hardly said anything! Just to let us know that she was conceived here, although born in NYC, and the fact that she wrote one of her songs after she found out about the other woman and thanked that woman. I'd pay to see her again and again, especially if I were closer. :-P But even being far away, still an amazing experience.

I'm watching a special on Brokeback Mountain and I want to see it, even though I know that it's going to be absolutely heartbreaking. The purity I feel just watching a special on it... only makes me realize just how ridiculously wonderful and awful this movie will be.

This season institutes watching chick flicks, such as Love Actually and Bridget Jones. The only problem is that I watch those movies, love how I feel, and then realize I don't love anyone the way the chick flick movies make love out to be. Such a dilemma. Still waiting...

The Boston Actuarial Club networking event turned out to be loads of fun! I was worried it was going to be more older senior level actuaries than the younger ones. But it was a pretty healthy mix of both, possibly more young than old. I met actuarial students from John Hancock (through Jeff), Sun Life, Fidelity, and MetLife. By the end of the night, I was in a heavily Asian group, but it was OK. I'm Asian as well, so I technically have a lifetime membership, even if I am more banana in nature. :-) But I definitely would like to see more events like that. I was even invited to dim sum with some people. Who knew networking could be so fun?

I beat myself up easily. Not to sound like a little kid... but I could use a real, bear-like, soul-engulfing sincere, and heartfelt hug right now. One that just melts away your problems as you melt into another person.

It's December... the year is just almost through. A lot of self-evaluation happens. Have I lived this year sincerely? And thoroughly? Did I do my life justice? It's hard to say... it's all a blur, this blur called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home