Sunday, November 20, 2005

i don't want a lot for christmas

It needs to be Christmas time already! I can't wait to go home. I will get to see my newly engaged best friend and her wonderful husband-to-be. My stupid but lovable brother with my unconditionally loving and sacrificing mother. I'll see my judgmental biatch with a possibility of seeing my first ever queer peer, fresh from his trip to Africa as well as my favorite redhead. And, AND, an unexpected hang out session with a long lost witty and mildy otaku friend. :-) Now, there are also talks of possibly visiting my longest friend for some New Year's celebration. Ladies and gentlemen, this, THIS RIGHT HERE, is why I love this season. Love actually IS all around.

Seth, the new guy at work, gave me tickets to see Yamato. FRIGGIN AWESOME. They were so much fun. Yamato is a Japanese drum corp. They had us on edge from the moment the first beat hit the auditorium. They were humorous, engaging, mesmerizing, and just great entertainment. I would definitely pay to see them again.

But the best part of the week and weekend, without a doubt, was HARRY POTTER. It was imperfect but I think essentially captured the humanity of the novels. Mike Newell did a great job injecting humor and the awkwardness of adolescence and it had the theatre laughing all over the place. I am DEFINITELY seeing it again. If anyone out there wants to see it with me, you know where to holla. Best line of the entire movie: "Oh my god, I've killed Harry Potter!"

Thanksgiving is going to be awesome. Lisa and John are doing the heavy cooking and I will contribute where I can. :-) We will have the Worcester apartment to ourselves and it will be very nice. This Thanksgiving will more than make up for any bad memories I may have of this holiday. Food, friends, love, and rest and relaxation! It needs to be Wednesday evening... NOW!

Great dream this weekend. The person I was totally macking on morphed into someone random that I hardly know. But hey, you go with the flow. Still, it would have been nice if it had stayed the FIRST guy because he is wicked cute and definitely someone of interest. No worries, my dreams are always ridiculously PG-13. Which really... kind of sucks. :-P

I shouldn't be allowed to be this excited. I'm like a friggin' little kid getting her first Barbie. It's time to whip out the Christmas music, people... 103.3 all the time in my car! All I want for Christmas is you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home