Tuesday, October 25, 2005

umbrella hell

Nor'easter: A cyclonic storm occurring off the east coast of North America. These winter weather events are notorious for producing heavy snow, rain, and tremendous waves that crash onto Atlantic beaches, often causing beach erosion and structural damage. Wind gusts associated with these storms can exceed hurricane force in intensity. A nor'easter gets its name from the continuously strong northeasterly winds blowing in from the ocean ahead of the storm and over the coastal areas.

Damn these nor'easters! They are killing umbrellas! Mine survived barely. And let me say I have seen umbrella hell, aka a garbage can full of broken umbrellas by government center, and I refuse to let my umbrella succomb to being just another prisoner of hell! We will persevere.

Hanni is coming. I cannot wait to see my biatch. The gal who introduced me to Boston is returning! If only she would stay forever. Or at least longer than 3 nights. And then back to Erie she goes or else she will turn into a pumpkin.

I got a text message today that said, "Jane* is not dead. She works at the Plymouth." I am not using her real name just in case she comes across this blog due to the fact that she has a unique name. The Plymouth is this decent pub/restaurant in Erie. She must be waitressing. Anyways, it was good to know she was alive somewhere. No report on if she has any kids though. This girl used to be my best friend, in gradeschool, pre-Becky. It's actually because of her that I met Becky really, which became a problem the moment Becky and I realized that we had a real friendship forming. But, anyways, Jane was riding the wrong track and almost dragged me along. Even though we really lost touch, I always have warm regards for her and hope that she somehow turns her life around. She always told herself that she would never end up like her siblings or parents. She is a good person, just... never found herself exactly. Hope she finds what she is looking for.

I need a sensitive male in my life. I am trying to think of one... and really... I do not have one. Every male friend I have is sarcastic, very "I'm a man and I'm not into the mushy stuff!" or just very neutral and will listen, but rarely is ever able to relate to anything drama-ish or an upset Vonda. I guess that is what I have my girl friends for. Still, it'd be nice to have a better balance.

I brought back my nintendo. We played some Super Mario Brothers 3. I rule. Lisa... so so. I am looking for a worthy partner. There aren't many as flawless as I am. :-P Let me know if anyone is up for some real competition.

If I had time to actually dress up for Halloween, my dream costume would be: Me as Tina Turner and John as Ike Turner. We would go trick'r'treating together and he would slap me around. Haha, that visual has me laughing so hard right now. What's love got do with it?!

Day 1: Success.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you saved your umbrella from "umbrella hell".

Hopefully it will limp through the season!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I will totally play Super Mario Brother's 3 with you...as long as you don't steal my star!!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home