Monday, November 07, 2005

number 18

Waking up early sucks. But the plus side is that you get to work really early and so you're allowed to leave a little early. Amazingly, I am not that tired even though I couldn't sleep last night (fell asleep around 2am) and woke up at 6:55am to catch the T with Lee at 7:20am. With bad weather on it's way, I guess it's better than I get accustomed to getting up early so as to not get caught in transportation woes in the winter. Especially since our company is moving buildings and our new home is not super duper close to any T-stop. :-( Which has me sad, because walking in the snow and on uneven surfaces wreaks havoc on my hip. But I will deal. Plus it's a year later and I am a lot better, so I will tough it out. Winter only lasts... FOREVER. :-P

I also want to work on actually making a better daily appearance. I shower each night, because I am too lazy to get up in the morning to shower, and just sleep and let me hair air dry. In the morning, it looks disasterous, and I just pull it back and say whatever. Let me say, I look like crap. OK, maybe not complete crap, but a little below par I have to say. I am going to set a goal for myself to do my hair at least once a week and put on a pair of dressy earrings and really feel good about myself. I'm already ahead of myself because I've done my hair two days in a row. Let's see if I can stay consistent.

I am watching Peyton Manning and he is just so good. He has finally broken that awful streak of being New England's bitch. Damn it's hot to see him on his mark. And really, all of you haters who think I am bandwagoning it or just in it for the wins or the hotness that is Peyton, can suck it. :-P As I told Bisol, I've been a fan of the Colts since the days of Jim Harbraugh. And if you don't know who that is, then you have no right to hate me. :-P But I will admit Indy wasn't my number 1 team until two or three seasons ago. I used to be a Steelers's girl first, but Peyton and his offensively charged Colts really changed me. But I still lustifully root for Big Ben and The Bus. Peyton has my heart though, and as far as I can tell, he doesn't plan on fumbling it anytime soon. :-)

Tomorrow, I put in my co-worker Rob's magnus opum of mix CDs into my MP3 player. I look forward to hearing what he's got. We've got some differing tastes, but we've also got a taste for that something different. I hope to find some new artists. Also, with such a personal mix, it really gives me an idea of the type of person he is. Music never fails to give insight into someone's soul.

Day by day, I take my little steps. I've set some goals. And I feel the funk lifting by a little bit every day. It wasn't a heavy funk, just some vibes in the passing. If you don't continually make home improvements during your life, you might structurally collapse wihout notice.

I strive to always live passionately. Even if it's passionately unhappy. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home