Monday, January 30, 2006

a new year

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all you dogs have a most wonderful birth year.

American Idol has started. Lisa Tucker is my talent vote. Garet Johnson is my sentimental vote. I love this show. Scrubs has also been amazing, especially their 100th episode, which was like the Wizard of Oz.

Derrick subletted my apartment. He rocks! Now I am down to just one rent. Thank goodness.

I've been calling my mom and dad more often. They seem very happy to hear me call home. I also called all my aunts and uncles to wish them a Happy New Year. It was tough though because my Vietnamese is shaky and Bac Dien scolded me for it. He suggested that I start calling people every Saturday and Sunday and practice my Vietnamese, especially calling him. I also called Bac Nghia, and she asked if I went to church still, and considering she is a nun... I couldn't lie. Especially since it was the first day of the year! Lie the first day, lie every day. That has been our line lately, ______ the first day, ______ every day. Lee's was "Study the first day, study every day." I also checked in on my Uncle Thai and the kids. And my brother, who is starting off the year great. He has decided to go back to school, for business administration. I am not sure if I am totally into that choice of major. I think Phys. Ed. would be much better suited for him. He loves kids, coaching, and Phys. Ed. But I will support what he wants. It's just good to see him take a direction, finally.

We went bowling at Jillian's last week and it was BALLS expensive. Three people, two games per person, and shoe rentals cost us $45. SHEESH! But it was really nice to get out. Plus I wore my awesome new shirt and we all looked really nice and polished and having fun. I lost in bowling, but redeemed myself in Scrabble. The word of the night was Lee's: indicate.

The Colts-Steelers game was... heart breaking. I was in tears practically. My emotions were absolutely haywire, especially with that last minute fumble. Stupid kicker. And Peyton, stop choking. You're killing me. We were at Tom's watching it, and man, it was just one crazy game. I think Tom was going to explode when that fumble happened. I don't think I have ever seen the man looked that shocked. Anyways, I bet you all think I would be rooting for the Seahawks, but I am rooting for the Steelers. They are my number two team and I really want them to take one home to Art Rooney. Let's go Steelers!

Marissa, my half-sister, is going to be on The Today Show on February 4th. She is promoting the book that an author wrote about her being a military wife. I am very psyched for her. My cousins and I are going to NJ and then taking the bus into NYC to visit her. I can't wait to see her. I haven't seen her since I was in the hospital, when she came and saved my life, really. She took care of my legal and financial issues right after my accident and I really can't thank her enough for being there for me. I think that momoent really cemented our sisterhood, when she drove 15 hours from NC to be there for me in PA. I realized just how much we really are family, even if we haven't been sisters our whole lives. I only wish her happiness. :-)

Visiting NJ will be great because we will get to see Lee and Lisa's cousins Marcella (6 months old) and Michelle (10 years old). Marcella is the cutest baby ever. She is so good and hardly cries and is just great. Michelle is smart and very good. We played Scrabble together, with me using all 7 letters for the word "wrangler." They were great and their parents were so nice. Seeing Marcella makes me wonder when I will find someone and start my own family. I also thought about that when my uncle asked me if I had a boyfriend. When I said no, he told me I needed to get one soon. :-P Sheesh. You're preaching to the choir, Bac Dien, preaching to the choir. Although I did get hit on while waiting for the T. It was some older man, and he gave me his number, which I promptly threw out. He was creepy. Any nice, YOUNG men out there looking for a most fabulous crazy Asian? Inquire within.

Also, I realized this weekend, I did not get closure.

Three TV recommendations (in order of current awesomeness): 1. Grey's Anatomy 2. The Office 3. Scrubs. Really, I watch a lot of TV and these three are just amazing and continue to evolve and grow and get better.

Federer rocks my socks off. Kudos on winning the Australian Open. You are my king.

Lisa is leaving in March and it sucks, because she is like a best friend/sister to me. I'll still have Lee, whom I love equally, but she is gone a lot. I need to make new friends. But it's a struggle. That's the problem with big cities - all the people in the world, and yet you still feel incredibly lonely.

Also, talk about chance encounters, I ran into Tara Peters on the T. How awesome is that?! She lives a few stops down from me. I seriously need to call her sometime. At this point, I am expecting to all of a sudden run into someone from gradeschool or something with my string of encounters with past friends. :-)

Long update. Hope it satisfied you readers. If you're looking for a laugh and know who John McEnroe is, check this out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...don't give me any of that "Asian New Year" garbage.

Western civilizations have been around A LOT longer. Got it?

GOOD.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Vonda said...

Excuse me, lunar calendars have been around longer than gregorian calendars. So don't give me this "been around a lot longer" crap.

Got it?

If you had said something about the fact that the lunar year has a hard time reconciling with the solar year, and that the Gregorian calender lines up better with the solar year, then I'd agree with your garbage comment. But you didn't, so you're garbage. Oooooh BURN! (Haha, or not)

You honkies are so haters. :-P

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home