Thursday, March 02, 2006

love does wonders for the heart

Random: Came across this in my photos... I haven't changed too much I think. :-)


I look forward to having some cute kids of my own some day. If only I could find the right man... :-P

David, Lee's boyfriend, is coming and staying with us for TEN straight days. I actually like the guy, he is resourceful and all about getting the most "bang for your buck." But, this is an all girls apartment... so let's see how we fare with having an XY in a word of XXs for 10 days. He might be coming back to Texas with more than just a bone contusion!

I read a pretty interesting article on Europe's issues with multiculturalism. Give it a gander. Whenever I think back to my time in Denmark, I think very happy thoughts. I praise Denmark for many things - culture, design, history, their passion for every thing Danish, and in general, the great vibes the city of Copenhagen gives off. BUT, I always also bring up one of it's major problems - racism. They scoff at us for our issues with gay marriage, but they have issues with figuring out a way to co-exist and RESPECT those of the Islamic faith. Don't misunderstand me, and think all Danes are racist, because they aren't (duh!), but it is a problem in some areas, especially those of the upper middle and upper class. I heard a few awfully alarming stories while I was there, and this article brings up some good points about the lack of tolerance spreading across Europe. Remember, multicultural and multiethnic societies are NOT the same thing...

Excitement, I played the lottery and matched 4 out of 5 numbers and won $150. Just think, if I had matched 4 and the Mega Ball, that would have been $10,000. Or if I had matched 5 without the Mega Ball, that would have been $250,000! Or... if I had matched all 6! $270 MILLION! But alas, I can live with 4 out of 5. As a math major, I know just how lucky I got. :-) And you can bet your ass I am going to be extra frivolous with this money. Wait, what's that? I can't hear you! Did you say I need NEW SHOES? Oh wait, or did you mean a NEW PURSE? Oh you said new shoes AND a new purse? Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell! (And purses and shoes.)

Well, I have decided to go to North Carolina again. I am extremely excited. Sun, sand, and the endless ocean. Is it May yet? :-)

Good quote: "I have friends who live and die by the actuarial tables. It's all one big crap shoot."

Daniel and I have been speaking oodles more lately. He is going to India for a year though, AGAIN. Bah. I'm sure we'll keep in touch with GoogleTalk at least. Hey, supreme being, look after him. Keep him out of trouble.

Ian (whom I LOVE) just told me, out of the blue, that he loved me. :-D :-D :-D It's so nice to hear that. I honest to goodness feel some awfully cheezy warm and fuzzies. Really. How often do you tell the people you care about that you love them? Probably not enough. A few reminders every now and then does wonders for the heart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

^___________________^

Vonda, I'm so bad...I came to your blog and after reading your latest post I thought..."Hm..maybe I'll hit CTRL-F and do a little search. Let's see.. 'I-A-N'."

I'm ashamed...I searched for myself on your blog, as if I'm expecting you to write about me constantly. :D :P

HOPE ALL IS WELL!! :) LOVE YOU! BYE!

--IAN

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home