Saturday, February 08, 2003

I find it amazing how music can be so influential and memorable. There is this scene in Charlie's Angels where the bad guys are revealed and as Sam Rockwell's real character is revealed, there is this song called "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye. And everytime I hear that song, I just think "Oooh how tricky tricky." You connect music to so many things - emotions, events, people, EVERYTHING. Haha. Today I went to Guerilla Improv and the inbetween music they played was theme songs from several old TV shows. I managed to recognize The Muppet Babies, Clarissa Explains It All, Hey Dude, Eureka's Castle, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Saved by the Bell, Full House, You Can't Do That on Television, etc. It's just crazy how much TV I have watched and how I can easily match songs and music to the TV shows. And they all brought up these awesome feelings. I just felt somewhat like a kid again ya know? A feeling of giddyness arose. It was nice. On a lesser thoughtful note, "Crazy Legs" of GI is REALLY cute. Freshmen I think. Ridiculously cute. In that little boy kind of sense.

Fireside was today. Lovely. On Sunday, we will be initiating 32 girls (I think). Molly will have a special one in D term since she had to leave because of medical problems. And I think at person doesn't have the grades. Otherwise, everyone is ready. I can't wait to call these awesome girls my sisters. I really do love them. Especially Amanda Gray, my dear dear daughter.

I think Carla said it right when she said that AGD is her greatest challenge and yet biggest reward. I go into this weekend's initiation with that in mind. AGD for life, through ups and downs.

So should I go to the wine tasting party Saturday nite? Should I go to TKE's balloon party for all of 30 minutes? And I still need to do about 3 hours of TiVo with William. And progressive dinner and a craft thing and yeah, hanging out with Kim. So much to do and so little time and not enough of me.

I can't wait to go home. :-) I miss the little things about being home. Soon enough.

Time to sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home