Thursday, February 06, 2003

Let's see. Life Contingencies midterm? BIG FAT FAIL! Oh man, afterwards, when we all started comparing answers, mine were like no one elses. Sucks to be me. ::sigh::

So I have been thinking and me and Kim should start keeping a "Chronicles of the Math Majors" thing. Because we have taken so many classes together and there are so many stories to tell and laughs to be laughed. Newest thing: kid who sits next to me NEVER talks. I have sat next to him two terms in a row and today was the first day where we had a full conversation (well kind of full). Me and Kim still laugh about the day I said bye to all the people in Math stats and it was like "Bye James, Bye Jeff, Bye kid I don't know" or when I turned to him randomly and went "What's that on the board?" and he got all flustered and said "uh um, a lowercase delta?" and yeah that's it. I asked him what his name was this term finally because I felt the silence was just going on for too long. Goal of the week is to have TWO full conversations with "David" (that is his name). Half the goal is achieved.

So I think something that intrigues me is people who are reclusive or don't talk alot (take for instance the case of David I just mentioned). It baffles me because I talk a lot. I mean we as humans are always thinking every day, every hour, every second, ALL the time. And well, I take the talking to myself and turn it into talking with other people. But some people just don't do that. And because they don't do that, I can never tell what they are thinking. Take for example Patrick, a kind of also quiet person. I met him last year because I think I saw the back of his head for two terms straight (CS 1005 and CS 2005). And so I struck up a conversation and I have always said hi and lately, I have been trying to have longer conversations with more depth to them. But I can never tell what he is thinking. For all I know, he could think I was a babbling fool (which I can be), annoying, entertaining, or something else. I can't seem to get a grasp on him. It reminds me of Tom Muller. Oh Tom Muller. The kid I met when I was 5 years old and still know now, a best friend. But it wasn't until the last year of high school where we started to talk freely with each other. And now, I feel as if I know Tom Muller for real... there is still a little intrigue because everyone has SOME mystery to them, but for the most part, I feel like I can finally say, I KNOW Tom Muller. But for people like Patrick, they are still a mystery. I haven't quite found a groove in conversation with him. Plus sometimes I think I am bothering him. :-) Who knows. It's a mystery and that's why I like to talk to him/try to talk to him.

OK well Adam told me I am writing too long of a post, so I'll stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home