Wednesday, April 12, 2006

extremely negligent

Ah jeez. I've been extremely negligent of my blog.

April has been one busy month. You know, I used to keep this daily day to day log of minute inane things I did. I stopped carrying around the mini-journal. I should start up again. I swear I've been busy, but when it comes time to mention stuff, I completely blank out. Let's see, to sum things up since I last blogged:
1. The Top of the Hub (top floor at the Prudential Center) is very cool. I really do enjoy light jazz and a great view of the city.
2. Jamie Cullum was GREAT. He was just fantastic. It's odd, but I have to say I craved his music much more after seeing him in concert. I am so glad I went.
3. Board Game Night at the pub was really fun. I unfortunately lost in Scrabble due to Lisa's tile mishap, but Lisa and I owned Pictionary. The two best words of the night that we mastered were fog and William friggin' Shakespeare. It was neat to meet random Bostonians who loved board games.
4. Lee is a quarter century year old and I love her very much. Also, Hanni and soon to be Ben and Tom are joining the 23 year old club.
5. Celtics lost to the worst team in the league, the Knicks. Boo.
6. Apartment hunting is stressful and awful and makes me want to jump off a cliff. Wherever I move next, I am planting and staying FOREVER. Or at least two years. I cannot apartment hunt again.
7. Donald Faison doing Bell Biv Devoe's Poison on Scrubs makes me feel unbelievably better no matter how I feel.
8. A friend of mine is going to India for a year. Happy for him because that's cool. Sad for me because I won't get to speak with him whenever I want.
9. I am beginning to see how Myspace can be addictive. Don't worry, I am not converting, but it is tempting.
10. The Y chromosome is obviously very flawed. I thank my lucky stars I only have X's. People who ask why I would want to have little baby girls rather than boys have obviously never met any of the men in my family. I can't risk passing on any bad character traits to my kids. Not to say I believe that stuff is genetic, but hell, why risk it. :-P This is me being very light about how angry I am (and sometimes get) at a particular parent and/or sibling. Today, on a scale of 1 to 10 of upsetness, I'd say I was at an 8. Not good.
11. I have never felt as much a failure as I did this weekend. I honestly have no idea what I am doing with my life.
12. I have to end on a good note: I have tickets to see Phoenix at TT's in Cambridge in May. How excited am I? Proverbially crapping my pants really. :-P

That's right, I went there. CRAPPING MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT, PEOPLE! I'll let that image settle in as I force myself into slumber. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home