Sunday, February 01, 2004

SocComm Retreat? Decent. Certain parts were very fun. The evening got a little segregated and I felt like I was in grade school all over again. Boys drooling over girls again and forgetting anything else. But luckily some Cosmo and girl talk with Julia, Belinda, and Patty in the other room remedied any bad vibes. We have a really diverse exec board this year and I think it will be a killer year. I thought of some super fun events and I hope they happen... in A term! Haha, I don't want any D term events. :-) I don't want to miss them!

We made timelines for part of the retreat. Making mine was interesting. You start to think back and try to determine what is "important" and it's sad that I can't remember as much. I marked when my brother first punched me in the stomach. When I first met Tom Muller and instantly got a crush on him that lasted from age 5 or 6 until 17 or 18 (minus a 5 year gap where we didn't go to school together). Alaska. Realizing I had a half-siser. Becoming best friends with Becky. The good times at Academy. WPI and all its goodness/stress. I guess I got the big items in there.

I talked to Tom for an hour and half today. Caught up on the past three weeks. Well really, it was me talking, him listening and making funny commentary or laughing at my craziness. I told him how I have had a thing for Republicans lately. That made him laugh. He said to convert them, but really, you can't change people. He's such a well informed Democrat. I would like him and say... Patrick? to go head to head in a debate. They are so into it. I wonder who would get the best of each other? Anyways. my goal is to visit him the weekend of the Feb 20th-21st. Crossing my fingers that I have the time. I would really like to see him before I head off to Denmark. Plus in the two years he has been at Wesleyan, I have no once visited. I am such a tool of a friend. :-P

Went to see Lost in Translation with Patrick. Good movie. Very visual and rish in color. You got a real sense of Tokyo from it. Bill Murray is so funny. For relaxing times, make it Santori time. :-) Some of the scenes were very touching and although nothing grande and killer "wow" it's down to earth and its sweet vulnerability made it pretty good. Kudos. Well worth not doing ID 2050.

Speaking of ID 2050, it is going to kick my ass. I haven't been productive as much as I liked but I am not as worried for some reason. I hope we do well on this. And I cannot wait for Denmark to happen. It's going to be amazing. I just know it.

The Superbowl is playing right now. Crazy close game. Patriots are up. Crazyness on the floor. If they win... pandamonium. Should go back to that. Go Pats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home