Friday, September 24, 2004

say nope to mope

Charlie: Yeah, I'm sorry... I've thought about you every day, just hoping you'd get better and be Vonda again. Not that you ever weren't.. you were just Vonda, with a weird cyberhip.
Me: Yeah and a hip that is growing extra bone!
Charlie: :-) It'll get better. If it doesn't, I'll give you mine.
Me: Haha, you don't have birthing hips. :-P
Charlie: You'd be surprised.

That's Charlie... drunk and giving me all the support a girl could need. He told me to kick the physical me's ass and let the mental me win. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it made enough sense to me. Oh how I miss that kid.

So I am still a bit mopey, but I need to say nope to mope. There isn't a lot I can do except kick my own ass into gear at physical therapy. Hopefully that will start next week. I am only slightly concerned with my meds right now. I will see my doctor on Monday, and hopefully things will be cleared up about what to do.

I talked to Tom tonight for a lengthy amount of time. He is always there and always listening - 16 years and counting. :-) Then I got to talk to my biatch Hanni. Her life is the best to live vicariously through. I have gotten so much humor out of her life... I think I could make a book or play about it all. It would be really cool if we three lived in New England after we graduated and got jobs nearby each other. We could live together in an apartment and be Three's Company like. That would be hilarious. It would definitely add some much needed spice to Tom's life, that's for sure. And I could keep Hanni from making some weird ass mistakes, haha. Oh how I miss my friends.

I've gotten so much love and support. I think Daniel's "Sabes que te amo" was one of the most touching in his joking way. He always knows how to use his language skills to "woo the ladies." Except, I'm no lady, I'm Vonda. :-) Getting an email from Catherine was really nice too, as well as all the IMs to wish me luck and such. It makes me almost cry to know I've got such good friends out there. That sounds cheesy, but it's true. I'm way more emotional than I've ever been. I remember when I got Jess J's card the day I got home from the hospital. When I read it, I just cried and cried and cried. What she wrote meant a lot. Anyways, before I get too sappy, I wanna say I'm feeling a little bit better and more accepting of my fate. I may not like it, but it's a part of my life and that won't ever change. I can only shape this experience into what I want it to be and not let it shape me into something I don't want to be. I can only hope for the best, try my best, and accept what God decides is best for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home