Thursday, October 14, 2004

eff you see kay

FUCK times infinity. That's for the Yankees. It's excruciating to watch the Red Sox lose like this. They better win the next three games at home, or they are in BIG BIG trouble.

And I missed the debate for the game, too. But I'm sure it will be on at 3am and I will still be up. Having physical therapy at 8am is tough. I get up at 7am. Go to PT, come home at 8:30. Have breakfast, maybe watch some Dawson's Creek. Then pass out for a couple of hours. It's as if I am living two days in one. It's messing with my head.

So today I did this phone survery for the Gates Millenium Scholars people. I applied when I was a senior, but didn't get it. Anyways, when she asked me what my race was, I told her Asian Pacific Islander, specifically Vietnamese. And THEN, she said "Hey, why don't you have the last name Nguyen?" implying that all Vietnamese people have that last name. I couldn't believe it! I had to laugh, but at the same time... it was somewhat inappropriate to joke about it, especially since it was Gates Millenium and it works with minorities and such, yada yada yada.

My brother is currently hung up on some girl. I don't think I like her. They constantly fight and they aren't even together (yet). It sounds like she needs constant reassurance or something and I hate weakness like that. I just wish he'd wise up and find someone better. I just feel a burn coming on.

My sister made the cover of the Washington Post Magazine. If ya want to read it, here's the link. She rocks. When I got into my accident, she drove up from NC to be there for me and take care of a lot of my legal matters. If it weren't for her, my life would have been a lot more stressful. And to clarify, she is my half sister. My dad and her mom were together for a brief period and she had Marissa 4 years before I was born and a year before he married my mom. I didn't even know she existed until I was 12. She's awesome. And yes people, she is "hot" according to those who have met her. :-P

So an overshare to end this post: I finally figured out a way to clip my toe nails on my right foot. Right after the accident, with the hip/pelvis surgery, I wasn't allowed/able to bend over to reach (I always had to sit upright... if I had an itch on my foot, I had to use my reacher... such a pain!). And I could bend my left leg a certain way to clip those, but could never get the right foot. And I was too scared to ask my mom to do them because I've seen her in action and she is scary with those nail clippers. And my brother refused. So today... finally, I could put my foot on the wheel and bend over just enough to clip them. It felt wonderful. It's the little stuff that shows me how far along I've come since this accident. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home