Wednesday, October 06, 2004

it started with my mp3 player

I love my mp3 player. It's this cute little discman I bought from Walmart before I left for Denmark. I used to keep it in my car because I used it to play CDs instead of trying to battle with the crappy reception I got in my car due to a lack of a good antenna, or an antenna at all really. After my accident, my car blew up. Did you guys know that? Well they towed my car, if you could even call it a car at that point after it got smashed head on at 40 mph and then torn apart by fire fighters with axe thingies and such so they could get me out since because I am lucky like that was trapped in my "car" for 30 min... anyways, it was towed and at the garage place it was towed to, it somehow caught on fire, with a full tank of gas, and BLEW UP. My cell phone was in there as well as all the papers in the glove compartment, and I thought my mp3 player... all gone. When I finally got him from the hospital, I was sad about the mp3 player... until I saw it in a bag! I was esctatic! At the moment, I just let it go and decided I would get it later. Well later turned into two months and now I had no idea where the bag was. Soooooo... after that long winded explanation, I decided to look for it. It started with my mp3 player and turned into a 4 hour extravaganza of cleaning and filing papers and throwing out papers and basically organizing my shit. The best part was I didn't find the mp3 player until after I was done... my mom happened to life up some bag with shoes in it and BAM there was the bag with the mp3 player! Anyways, tomorrow I think I am going to attack my clothes and go cccrazy and start throwing out stuff I don't wear. Yes, ladies and gents, Vonda is cleaning. I think it's the drugs that are making me do this... or the lack of anything better to do. :-)

So... good news. Get excited people! I am getting my physical therapy evaluation on Friday at 7am. And then next week... I finally start physical therapy. This is where you do a dance for me, because 1. I can't do it myself and 2. It's the most excitement in my life, even bigger than finding the mp3 player!

I found my peeling mask stuff too and used it. The stuff really fascinated my mother, who is the most low maintenance person I know of. She wants to try it. The peeling is what's so crazy cool in her mind. She watched me for the whole 5 minutes as I peeled the stuff off my face. She's so funny when she doesn't mean to be.

Tomorrow, I get to watch Wimbledon with Becky and maybe meet Ace and her boyfriend "The Cock" as we refer to him. Don't worry, we refer to him in a nice way. :-P

Had a nice hour long phone call with Matt Hazel. He's his hot smug usual self. It will be nice to take him down a peg once I'm back at WPI and can verbally beat him up in person. He gave me a few good ideas about how to fulfill my PE requirement as a cripple as well as a solution to the physical therapy thing. What a smart friend I've got. Except he really needs to trim his beard/goatee thing. It's out of control. Less facial hair in general is what I prefer.

Mt aunt called today. I always feel so awkward when she calls. I've only met her once in my life and it was when I was 5. She visited Erie again, but I was away at college, so I didn't get to see her or my other uncle... who died a week after my accident. I only met him once as well. My dad's side of the family is so estranged from each other. Luckily my mom's side is so close it makes up for it his side. Anyways, my aunt is a nun in Australia and she is all accomplished and such. I just don't know what to say to her. She tells me she prays for me... so that is nice I guess. :-P

The VP debate didn't go as well as the first presidential one. Dick Cheney is alarmingly convincing even when he chooses not to respond at times. But I guess it's smart, since as Patrick pointed out, sometimes when someone responds, they can say the wrong thing or set themselves up for trouble. So if nothing's said, no harm in a way. And Dick Cheney definitely had the zinger of the night with his comment about having never met John Edwards until that very night. I even went "OOOOH!" mentally when he said that. John Edwarwds came a close second with his a long resume doesn't mean good judgement comment. I am looking forward to the second presidential debate. All I think of now is the SNL debate from 4 years ago and they as Will Ferrell as George W. Bush a difficult question and he looks confused and leans into the microphone and says PASS. Hahahahaha. Awesome.

I hear there's a few good baseball games going on, so I'll scadaddle to the other rom. Die Yankees die. And surprise, ok not really, the Braves lost the first game. I feel the usual choke coming on. And go Red Sox! :-P

1 Comments:

Blogger jpabad said...

the beauty of that zinger is that it was a boomerang zinger. It sounded good and you thought, "damn yo, cheney's got game" but then the truth came out and its like "oh, y'all have met at least twice and here are the pictures" and bam.


right in the kisser.

karma's a bitch.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home