Saturday, October 16, 2004

surprise

So my favorite pair of jeans went MIA. Last I saw them, I gave them to my mom because they needed a wash. Well when I told her I needed them, and she couldn't find them, my mother went cccrazy. She has this personality that comes out when things get lost in the house. She just gets really really mad at me. And claims it was my fault, except she remembers washing them as well. And obviously being the cripple who can't get to the laundry room very well, I definitely didn't put them away. Finally after some horrible searching (which involved going through every bag we of clothes being donated to Goodwill), SURPRISE... they were found in a duffel bag, folded neatly, underneath all my purses. And yet somehow, my mother tries to lay blame on me... when I haven't touched that bag in months. Anyways that's my mother complaint for the week.

I had a dream last night that I finally got to take my first steps with real weight on my right leg... and it didn't hurt. It was nice. Diana told me she had a dream about me too, where I was rock climbing and felt as if the accident never happened. I hope these dreams come remotely true.

Physical therapy, surprisingly for once, wiped the floor with my today. I had it with my actual therapist and not his assistant for once. He worked me hard. I did some difficult mat exercises for the first 20 min (lots of rotation that I haven't mastered yet), did a couple exercises on the machines to work my hamstring and quads, and finally... the doozie... 10 minutes straight on the bike. Let me say after I finished the bike, I was sweating and my left supporting leg felt like jello. I hobbled to the lobby and sat down for 5 minutes and proceeded to try to walk to the car, taking plenty of pit stops due to fears of my leg giving out. I attribute the "getting my ass kicked" to the fact that I only got 3 hours of sleep unfortunately and the out of shape factor. I passed out real quick when I got home. I wonder how many days I'm gonna have that are gonna be like that... plenty I'm sure. No pain, no gain right?

I woke up to an unexpected lovely phone call from Daniel. It was nice to chat with him. We always know how to laugh with each other. That's what I really like about him - I can always expect good witty banter. He was killing time before some huge exam he had. I was so jealous... he said it was 80 degrees in Austin, TX. Anyways, I love getting a chance to actual talk to him. He's definitely one of those people that I could talk forever with because 1. I talk a lot and 2. he keeps me interested and chasing the conversation for hours on end. I like to be intrigued and interested. I love good humor and I hate to admit it, but sometimes I like to be given a hard time. :-P What can I say, I always like a good challenge.

I am so jealous of Hanni this weekend. She gets to see one of my favorite gays and one of my favorite straights. So not fair! Both Ben and Tom (who was a last minute addition) are coming into Boston this weekend. And if I weren't so crippled, I could be there with them... enjoying my last A term break. Well I hope they have a fabulous time. I miss them all a lot.

Ian took me to see Team America tonight. Oh... my... gawd. That movie is the best inappropriate thing out there. 10 minutes into the movie; after there was a scene about blow jobs in a car, the couple to our right got up and left... and never came back. It was awesome. I would definitely buy the soundtrack because some of that stuff was too funny. This movie made puppet sex... so raunchy and wrong. I would encourage anyone with a true sense of humor and no qualms about inappropriateness to see this film. Warning: it's not for everyone, so don't say I didn't warn you "love good clean humor" people. :-)

With the postponement of the Sox/Yankees game, I find myself struggling to find good TV. Maybe I'll do a DVD or a Sex marathon. Tomorrow, I've got lunch with my second family and maybe another outing with my favorite 12 year old. And Sunday is shopping with Becky and her sisters. Outlook for the weekend: fun with a chance of excitement and surprise. Oh and fall rain, but that was expected. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home